The written content underneath has been delivered by PSEG Long Island and has no editorial enter from Information 12 Prolonged Island.
The finish of summertime usually means youngsters and personnel all across Lengthy Island will be returning to faculty. It’s important to be extra careful when driving as exercise boosts in faculty zones and huge numbers of pupils are creating their way to and from university. Adhere to these easy guidelines to support assure that kids attain university securely.
Driving in and around faculties zones
• Put away your cellphone. It is a excellent concept no make a difference wherever you’re driving, but particularly in school zones where youngsters are gathered.
• Always obey college zone pace boundaries right until you are securely out of the college zone.
• Watch for kids gathered all over college buses or at crosswalks.
• If your early morning route normally takes you by means of a school zone, give on your own added time so that you’re not rushed and having unneeded prospects.
• Drop off and choose up your children only in the school’s specified locations.
• Keep an further eye out for youngsters in the late afternoon and early night on school days. With extracurricular activities, numerous college students vacation residence later in the day.
For kids strolling or biking to university
• Look for traffic when stepping off a bus or from driving parked vehicles.
• Cross the street only at designated crosswalks. Seem the two left and suitable and still left all over again just before crossing.
• If a driver is stopped, make eye make contact with just before crossing.
• Always obey crossing guards.
• Always use bicycle helmets when biking to college. Remain on sidewalks or biking lanes and obey all basic safety principles concerning crossing streets.